Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fall 2013 RTW New York - few favorites

Depending on what country you are from, what religion you believe in, you celebrate holidays, events. In the fashion industry one may say holidays are fashion weeks and events are runway shows.
Dozens and dozens of shows went on in New York, where designers presented their Fall 2013 READY-TO-WEAR collections. Depending obviously on ones taste, you could either be enchanted and thrilled, or dulled. A few looks that stood out the most to me were by Prabal Gurung, Reem Acra, Naeem Khan, and Jenny Packham. I must confess that I was a bit disappointed with some of my favorite designers. But I guess that maybe is just because I always like more the haute couture shows... I hope so at least!
Below the few looks (all from style.com) :
  • Prabal Gurung - my love for the color navy blue I guess. Although the entire look (ok, except the boots) is in one color, I don't find it boring at all - gold elements!

  • Reem Acra - again, my soft spot for lebanese designers; and the color black



  • Naeem Khan - I mean, talk about elegance... Breathtaking gowns!


  • Jenny Packham - probably the most puzzling collection for me. Some looks I would call even tacky, but then one look like this would pop up. How did she do it?

This is my coverage of the fashion shows that happened in New York. Will be writing more similair posts very soon! If you got interested looking at these pieces of clothing go ahead and dig! Find out more about the designers, look at more shows! The fashion world is big, interesting and really worth to check out!
Have fun guys!
J.





No comments:

Post a Comment