Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscars 2013

Oscars, the event that brings millions of people in front of the tv, unites enemies, causes people to cry. Yeah, whatever. Apart from not believing in the prestige of winning one I remain emotionless about the entire event. Only one thing draws my attention - the outfits. That night "stars" walk on the red carpet, present gorgeous (well most times) outfits. The rule is: dress to impress. This year, however, came as a disappointment, at least to me. Of course, a few looks did catch my eye, some maybe for a longer while, but no Bam! struck.
The designers were the "usuals": Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Christian Dior.
The spotlight was most often stole by ladies, but the gentlemen did have a few moments.
I present to you my list of best dressed at the 2013 Oscars gala:





Georgina Chapman in (surprise surprise) Marchesa
For sure in my top 3. A goddess in white, a gorgeous gown, truly Oscars worth.














Sandra Bullock in Elie Saab Haute Couture
Since I'm a huge fan of the designer, this could not have happened differently.














Chris Evans in Gucci
One may say "A, a black suite". But seriously, you have no idea how hard it is to wear one with class and poise. Especially how easily these suits may be turned into tacky.














Stacy Keibler in Naeem Khan
There is something about the lebanese fashion style I guess. I simply love their designs. Especially here, on his blond with a great figure. Her shoulders are so elegant, her waist is perfect! 













Ang Lee & Jane Lin in Gucci.
Such a cute couple. I love Lins black, velvet suit. They match so perfectly together! I don't know if I'm more taken by their outfits or by how they look together.













Meryl Streep in Lanvin.
Beautiful gown on a beautiful lady. Looking at how graceful and sophisticated this madame is is simply a pleasure. The gown lays perfectly on her; makes her inner beauty shine even more.













Last, but for sure not least, Samuel L. Jackson in Giorgio Armani.
Do I need to say anything? That burgundy jacket rocked my world! I don't think many men are able to pull off such a look. But that's just Samuel L. Jackson I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment